Printery Museum Installs Heidelberg Platen
The Mackenzie Printery and Newspaper museum received a donation from Nick Howard at Howard Graphic Equipment recently: A Heidelberg T platen press.
The Heidelberg T platen, which established Heidelberg in the press-making world, began production in 1914. Howard's donated T Platen, with a 10x15-inch format, was made in 1974 and then imported to a distributor (Sears Company) in Canada. Howard has owned the fully reconditioned press since 1984.
The Printery Museum is located in Queenston, Ontario, in the home of the 19th Century editor William Lyon Mackenzie and is Canada's largest working printing museum.
The Mackenzie Printery and Newspaper Museum will be holding an Introduction to Letterpress seminar on November 19. Interested parties can contact Harold Meighan at (905) 684-7672.
Below are a few photos, courtesy of Denis Cahill, taken during the installation of the new platen press. A crane swung the press from the truck onto the back porch and steel pipes were used as rollers as the crew maneuvered the heavy machine into place.
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Printer Gateway ClosesPrinter Gateway, a printing operation based in the Greater Toronto…
Cenveo Files for Chapter 11Cenveo Inc. released a statement that it is voluntarily filing…
Heidelberg Begins Subscription Pricing ModelHeidelberg introduced one of its first customers to invest in…
Coquitlam Packaging Printer Adds Indigo 20000Associated Labels and Packaging of Coquitlam, British Columbia, a premium…
PrintForum Trade Show & Conference
June 6, 2018
June 14, 2018