DeJong Printing to Become nexGen Grafix
On Friday of this week, Edmonton’s DeJong Printing Ltd. will begin operating under a new name, nexGen Grafix Inc., as Henk DeJong prepares to build upon his father’s 33-year success.
Henk DeJong has long been involved with the family business, but his father, Stuart DeJong, is now taking on a less active role with the company, which was founded in 1979. nexGen Grafix Inc. will continue to be based out of the same building and provide the same services – “This is strictly a change in name only.”
In January 2012, DeJong Printing installed a new 29-inch, 6-colour Komori Lithrone SX629C, its third new Komori press in the last seven years, which is now the company’s flagship offset machine. A couple of months earlier, DeJong Printing also installed a new 5-colour Kodak NexPress SX2700 to boost its toner production. The company first stepped into toner in May 2009 with the installation of a 12 x 18-inch Xanté Ilumina 502.
Today, the company lists three primary offset presses, including the Lithrone SX629C, a 4-colour Komori (20 x 29-inch format), and a 2-colour Hamada (12 x 18-inch format). According the Henk DeJong, the FSC-certified operation still produces about 70 percent of its work with offset presses, while the remaining 30 percent is handled by its toner capabilities.
Celebrating Canadian PrintLast night at the Palais Royale in downtown Toronto more…
The Rise of KomoriDeep inside our Howard Iron Works Museum sits an odd…
DATA Moves to Acquire BOLDER GraphicsDATA Communications Management entered into an agreement to acquire privately…
DATA Integrates Multiple Pakfold and Plans Closure of Quebec WarehouseDATA Communications Management is integrating its Multiple Pakfold Operations into…
January 23-26, 2018
Graphics of the Americas
February 22-24, 2018
PrintForum Trade Show & Conference
June 6, 2018