The increases are (all prices are in US$):
- $0.14 per pound for sheetfed blending bases,
- $0.10 per pound for sheetfed blacks, whites and varnishes,
- $0.12 per pound for heatset process black and color inks,
- $0.07 per pound for solvent-based liquid inks,
- $0.10 per pound for all white liquid inks,
- 5 percent for screen inks,
- 8-12 percent for heatset Pantone Matching Systems(PMS), fluorescent, metallic inks and overprint varnishes,
- 5-10 percent for silicones and washes, and
- 5 percent for fountain solutions.
“These factors have resulted in an increase in this raw material pricing of 15 percent in 2010 with another eight percent increase announced for January 1, 2011. With the market’s continued tightness, TiO2 is forecasted to increase another six to eight percent quarterly in 2011. Factors like these for TiO2 and other raw materials have made it difficult to offset the rising raw material costs and unfortunately has forced us to pass some of these costs on to our customers."