July 16, 2020 By PrintAction Staff
ColorGate, a vendor of software and hardware solutions for colour-critical digital printing applications, has announced the launch of three new solutions and services.
ColorGate Productionserver is the company’s core product. The RIP and colour management solution is available in a commercial version for large-format printing and graphic arts, as well as in industrial versions for packaging, ceramics, décor and textile printing, which all include exclusive features for their respective markets.
The new Productionserver 20 has been updated to Adobe’s PDF Print Engine 5, supports spectral spot colour definitions and is compatible with PantoneLIVE. It features improved spot colour support for Pantone and Freie Farbe spot colour libraries and includes additional settings for the Ink Saver feature to allow for even greater ink savings.
Industrial users will have access to the new Retouch Module, allowing last-minute colour corrections before going to print while staying consistent with a colour-managed workflow, and from the Colour Correction Loop Module which is a prerequisite for iterative colour correction processes in décor production.
For the industrial versions of Productionserver, ColorGate will offer a subscription-based pricing from version 20 and onwards. For an annual fee, users will receive the right to use the software, free updates and upgrades, and access to the company’s technical support. This new subscription license combines all costs related to the use and maintenance of ColorGate’s software into one predictable annual fee and helps production managers to keep their software solution up-to-date and productive.
Productionserver 20 will be available in July 2020.
ColorGate’s Proofgate and Filmgate products have also been upgraded to version 20. All users with an active Value Pack will receive the new versions, free of charge. New customers can purchase the Productionserver from authorized sales partners.
Also launching in July 2020 is Custom Create, a new end-to-end workflow solution that connects print buyers, print service providers and brand owners. The Magento-based e-commerce engine with advanced features, such as product creators with advanced customization and 3D product previews, as well as a pricing engine that can be individually configured and supports all main payment methods.
Other modules to be available over the next quarters include online marketing support, connectors to creative applications, job ticketing and fulfilment functions including inventory and shipment management. The workflow solution integrates seamlessly with Productionserver.
Custom Create targets digital decorators, print service providers, brand owners, designers, fulfillers as well as print buyers with business or personal demands that are looking to produce merchandise and other branded products. Custom Create is available from ColorGate directly.
ColorGate is also launching a Professional Colour Management Services offering, which allows users of any printing and colour management technology to pick a standardized service from a menu. The choices include:
- A Colour Gap Analysis, including an in-depth evaluation of an existing colour management workflow for accuracy and compliance with established standards. Customers will receive a detailed evaluation report with suggestions for improvements
- Colour management bundles for designers, including training, a spectrophotometer, a swatch book and, optionally, a license for Productionserver
- Colour management bundles for soft proofing, including training, a spectrophotometer, a light booth, profiling software and, optionally, a quarterly check-up
- Colour management bundles for production proofing, including training, an inkjet printer, proofing media, proofing software, a light booth, and a spectrophotometer and, optionally, quarterly assistance
- Colour managements for professional print bundle, including ColorGATE’s DFE Profiler, training, a spectrophotometer and, optionally, a quarterly assistance service, an inkjet printer, proofing media, a light booth, and a quarterly assistance
- A flexible consulting service for customers whose requirements are not covered by the menu items.
The Professional Colour Management Services offerings can also be booked directly with ColorGate, beginning in July.
Print this page