March 23, 2020 By PrintAction Staff
With people working from home as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, large format scanning technology supplier Contex has made available a series of ten how-to video tutorials for the Nextimage scanning software.
The tutorials provide step-by-step instructions to help new and experienced users to boost their scanning workflow with their Contex large format scanners.
The tutorials are available at Contex’s YouTube channel.
“With today’s circumstances, customers are setting up their large format scanners at home, making these tutorials extremely helpful,” said Steve Blanken, general manager, Contex Americas. “These videos provide useful guidance for basic and complex scanning projects, and customers can view them at their own pace. Our customer support team is also readily available to answer any questions that customers may have.”
The Contex video tutorials address the following topics:
- Batch mode: Tips and tricks on how to get the most out of the batch scanning feature.
- Adaptive threshold: Learn how to clean up backgrounds in line drawings.
- Applying borders: Instructions on how to apply borders.
- Soften/smooth: Tips on how to soften and smooth images.
- Rotate: Learn how to rotate in 90 degrees segments and fine-adjust with manual rotation increments of 0.1 degree.
- Auto black and white and creating presets: Learn how to improve scans with auto black and white, and how to make a new preset.
- Image cropping: Instructions on how to crop and save.
- Oversized scanning: A comprehensive guide on how to scan oversized documents.
- Paper handling: Get to know paper handling and the link between speed and image quality.
- Choosing settings: Guidance for choosing the correct settings, which can drastically speed up the scanning process.
Additionally, Contex published a general video, which shows an overview of the functions and possibilities of Nextimage software for its range of large format scanners.
Print this page