The Flexographic Technical Association (FTA) reveals the winners of the 2023 Excellence in Flexography Awards. The award-winning prints were announced on the sidelines of Forum and InfoFlex 2023, FTA’s annual four-day technical conference and exhibition.
“Every year, I’m more and more impressed with the quality of the print in this competition,” said Excellence in Flexography Awards Committee chair Alix Guyot of Tesa Tape. “This year we really saw what’s possible when entrants optimize their pressrooms and focus on the printing. The judges continue to impress with their dedication and discussions. I encourage anyone to get involved, either through entries or judging.”
Judges representing a range of segments of the flexographic industry analyzed hundreds of print samples. All entries were evaluated with a meticulous approach, with multiple parameters for gauging the work’s degree of difficulty and level of execution.
Six prints were selected for the Best of Show award in their respective categories:
- The Vet IQ Skin & Coat/Calming/5-in-One Soft Chew Bags, printed by PPC Flexible Packaging (Wide Web category)
- The Framar CideKicks Disinfectant Pods Bag, printed by Accredo Packaging (Mid Web category)
- The Wander Folk Spirits Garden Club Gin Label, printed by Multi-Color Corp (Narrow Web category)
- The Social Burgerjoint Takeaway Container, entered by Marvaco on behalf of Adara Pakkaus Oy (Combined Corrugated category)
- The Angry Orchard Hard Cider Explorer Variety Pack Box, printed by International Paper (Preprinted Linerboard category)
- The M&S Start Your Spring Collection Today Envelope, printed by Encore Envelopes (Envelope category)
FTA also announced the recipients of its other honours and awards, including the 2023 Technical Innovation Award, 2023 Sustainability Excellence Award, 2023 President’s Award honourees and 2023 Hall of Fame inductee.
Print this page