We are looking for an energetic, highly-motivated individual who has a thorough knowledge in print and finishing applications to join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare quotes based on client specifications using estimating tools to compile estimated costs that will be both competitive for the customer and profitable for the company.
• Work closely with production and management as needed to answer technical questions regarding projects, and to ensure best machine speeds & other standards are used.
• Create and/or review press layouts and other production methods for each estimate based on product specs and production capabilities.
• Coordinate with clients, internal production department and outside vendors to meet timelines and clients' expectations.
• Source out competitive pricing from third party vendors for materials and services as needed, and include quotes from multiple vendors for comparison.
• Generate POs for raw materials and supplies ordered.
• Create internal work order dockets for production purposes and outgoing packing slips for each job.
• Create carton labels for production work orders and ensure all information is accurate.
• Weekly data entry of job costs.
• Support sales team to ensure complete satisfaction of client needs
• Participate in production and staff meetings to communicate with other departments.
• Perform other tasks & duties as required by management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement
• Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of printing equipment, print layouts, printing processes and finishing equipment.
• Excellent mathematical, verbal & written communication skills.
• Solid experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel and Word).
• Demonstrate strong time management and multi-task management skills in daily activities.
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
• Motivated, self starter with the ability to problem solve.
• Able to adapt to changing priorities and perform under pressure.
Estimator for Bindery & Packaging CompanyDate Posted: March 19, 2019 - Date Ends: June 14, 2019
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Toronto
- Company: PPP Corp
- Phone: 416-948-3291
- Fax: 416-609-0670
- Website: http://pppcorp.ca
Former Kodak packaging arm relaunches as MiraclonA new independent company, known as Miraclon, has been founded…
Highlights from EFI’s 20th annual Connect conferenceThe year 2019 has just gotten underway, signalling it is…
Pivoting to print mediaFor one day only, BuzzFeed pivoted to print publishing. On…
Artisan invests in three wide-format Onset pressesArtisan Complete, a Toronto, Ontario-based print provider says it is…
May 14-17, 2019
Packaging Première 2019
May 28-30, 2019
Gala Gutenberg 2019
May 30, 2019
OPIA Excellence in Print Awards 2019
May 30, 2019
OPIA SWOB Golf Tournament 2019
June 5, 2019