The Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day production within Godin. The Project Manager plans, schedules, and oversees all production activities assigned to them while continually building sales and maintaining profitability. Project Managers perform essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service, and establishes and maintains effective communication with employees, supervisors, owners and clients.
As the Project Manager you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting the companywide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
· Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
· Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
· Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide our excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth for our staff.
You are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission. Because you will be in contact with current and prospective customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
· Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
· Communicate effectively with your supervisor, the Sales Team, and the Project Management Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that production, sales, and customer objectives are met.
· Follow systems and procedures for all production projects.
· Ensure Company policies & procedures are followed.
· Ensure office area is regularly cleaned.
· Meet all assigned goals.
· Meet all customer commitments through the production of timely, efficient and high quality products and service.
· Take possession of jobs.
· Assures all work entered into GPL follows Godin standards and procedures.
· Assist with estimating.
· Assures the pricing accuracy of all job dockets.
· Maintain production control records and provide information to sales representatives, customers and management with regard to delivery dates, schedules and operating problems.
· Manage the coordination and control of all dockets you have been assigned.
· Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality material that meets customer delivery expectations.
· Ensure you receive client approvals on proofs, all change orders are updated in GPL, revised estimates are submitted to the client for approval within 24 hours of a change.
· Ensure samples are collected for the docket and sent to client prior to an order being shipped whenever possible.
· Ensure all client samples are thoroughly checked for client review and available to sales every morning by 9:30 am.
· Ensure all proofs are thoroughly checked for client review and available to sales every morning by 9:30 am.
· Provide PODs to the client for every job.
· Attend necessary press approvals with and without client participation.
· Initiate all purchase orders.
· Review all final art files before releasing to supplier to assure accuracy and must be within project/estimate scope when time permits.
· Work with internal designer/production artist when necessary for client changes, building of die lines and other production related needs.
· Request internal creative estimate and include with client invoice submission for all dockets using the internal creative department resources.
· Estimate print production projects and perform with outside suppliers to obtain quotes.
· Take all necessary actions to manage project management costs and improve profitability.
· Ensure all dockets invoices are submitted to finance within 3-5 days of delivery.
· Ensure margin objectives are met as per client targets.
· Perform docket reconciliation for each project and submit with invoice. Document all variances with docket invoice.
· Track all mileage and docket expenses by docket
· Submit monthly expense reports using Concur
· High school diploma or GED with experience or vocational/technical certification.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Good general computer operation skills and basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Good mathematical skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent knowledge of all facets of print production: press, bindery, and graphics.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.