Metrix Software, formerly LithoTechnics, has announced it will be demonstrating a new version of its imposition software, Metrix, at PRINT 13 next week.
“We look forward to heading out to Chicago again to meet with our customers, partners, and printers who are looking for solutions to the inefficiency and low profitability plaguing our industry,” says Rohan Holt, President of Metrix Software. “Engineering priorities at Metrix Software have always been determined by the needs of our users, reflecting the needs of our industry, and the feature set of Metrix 2013.0 is no exception. We are very proud of the partnership we have with our users, who process thousands and thousands of orders with Metrix every day – more efficiently and more profitably than they ever could before. Metrix 2013.0 will again move the bar higher, knocking down yet more barriers to efficient, sensible, and eventually, automated production.”
According to the company, Metrix 2013.0 includes the following enhancements:
• Improved Layout tools, including the ability to copy and paste marks between Layouts.
• Instant assignment and reassignment of Products to Layouts.
• Ability to select multiple Products/Layouts/Components and alter multiple properties at once.
• Addition of Product Tags, for sorting and selective submission to Auto Plan.
• Enhanced intelligence built in to the Prepress Export functionality when error conditions are detected by Metrix.
• Project Reports can now be exported to PDF or a Printer. This works with Metrix Automation as well.
• A new PDF page re-ordering tool to fix improperly ordered content.
• Support for Windows 8 and Server 2012.