Pepsi is unveiling a new logo and visual identity system, the first update of the iconic Pepsi globe logo in 14 years. Pepsi will roll out the new look in North America this fall in time for the brand’s 125th anniversary, and globally in 2024.
The new design will span across all physical and digital touchpoints, including packaging, fountain and cooler equipment, fleet, fashion and dining.
The new logo and visual identity pays homage to the brand’s rich heritage while taking a big leap toward the future.
“At PepsiCo, we design our brands to tell a compelling and holistic story. Pepsi is a shining example of a brand that has consistently reinvented itself over 125 years to remain a part of pop culture and a part of people’s lives,” said Mauro Porcini, SVP & chief design officer of PepsiCo. “We designed the new brand identity to connect future generations with our brand’s heritage, marrying distinction from our history with contemporary elements to signal our bold vision for what’s to come.”
Key design elements include:
- the Pepsi globe and wordmark unite to fit into a variety of settings and emphasize the distinctive Pepsi branding;
- an updated colour palette introduces electric blue and black to bring contrast, vibrancy, and a contemporary edge to the classic Pepsi colour scheme;
- given the brand’s continued focus on Pepsi Zero Sugar, the design brings in the color black, further showing the brand’s commitment to Pepsi Zero Sugar in the future;
- a new visually distinct can silhouette, which heroes the iconic Pepsi can as an accessible brand for all;
- a modern, custom typeface that reflects the brand’s confidence and unapologetic mindset; and
- the signature Pepsi pulse evokes the “ripple, pop and fizz” of Pepsi-Cola with movement.
It also brings the rhythm and energy of music, an important and continuing part of the Pepsi legacy.
Print this page