Finishing machinery vendor Duplo has announced two new offerings in its lineup, the DF-777 Automatic Folder and the DSC-10/20 Suction Collator.
The DF-777 folds documents such as brochures, menus, letters, and invoices at up to 135 sheets per minute. Users can select from six preprogrammed folds for touch-and-go folding or customize their own for non-standard folds. Cross folding is also possible for documents that require right-angle folds. It is suited for the office and other smaller volume environments.
The DSC-10/20 Suction Collator is designed for both offset and digitally printed applications. The machine has 10 bins which handle a wide range of paper and uses Duplo's patented feed system. Up to two DSC-10/20 towers can be connected and configured with Duplo's bookletmakers and due to its modular nature, can be upgraded to increase production capacity.
Duplo was founded in Japan in 1951 before expanding into the U.S. market in 1979 and Europe in 1985. Today Duplo devices are used in 170 countries.
Baum has announced ten new products at this year's Graph Expo. This number exceeds new product announcement than any previous year.
The ten products are:
- 714XA AutoFold Tabletop folder (New automated air/vacuum feed tabletop folder)
- CF20 Creaser Folder (NEW folder for folding stocks in line with creasing/scoring equipment and other applications)
- DG Creaser ( NEW high speed, robust impact creasing machine)
- AutoBaum B12X Desktop Folder (NEW fully automated desktop friction feed folder)
- AutoBaum B12A Desktop Folder (NEW limited automation desktop friction feed folder)
- B12 M Desktop Folder (NEW manual setup desktop friction feed folder)
- 714XLT-2C Folder Gluer (NEW 2-head self-mailer folder/gluer for half and letter folds without dots in the middle)
- 714XLT 4C Folder Gluer (New 4-head self-mailer folder/gluer for half, letter with dots in the middle)
- 714XLT 4Z Folder Gluer (NEW 4-head self-mailer folder/gluer for half, letter, Z, and dbl parallel without dots in the middle)
- 714XLT 8Z Folder Gluer (NEW 4-head self-mailer folder/gluer for half, letter, Z, and dbl parallel with dots in the middle)
In addition to these machines, Baum has also updated its BaumPrint 18 Press, the BaumCut cutter line and other Baum folders.
In Canada, Baum is represented by Wades Bindery Repair and KBR Graphics.
At Graphics Canada, beginning this Thursday in Toronto, Sydney Stone states it will present the Canadian tradeshow debut of the Morgana DigiFold 5000P. First released in 2003, the most-recent upgrade to the DigiFold includes Morgana’s patented “flying knife” technology and DynaCrease, which help to increase the system’s speed to over 5,000 A4 sheets an hour.
At Graphics Canada, Sydney Stone will run two booths with equipment demonstrations. At 3601, the company is focusing on the latest in Duplo, Morgana, EBA, and Challenge products. This will include the Duplo System 2000 and DSF 2000 bookletmaking systems. The other booth, 3806, is centred around Sydney Stone’s Certified Series of reconditioned equipment. The company plans to have 20 pieces of reconditioned equipment on the booth, such as paper cutters, folders and bookletmakers.
Sydney Stone is also holding a draw at Graphics Canada in which entrants can win $1,000 in supplies.
Cascades to close two Ontario corrugated plantsCascades has announced plans to close two sheet plants in…
Hemlock celebrates 50th anniversaryHemlock Printers is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, recognizing…
Ontario lands Canada’s first EFI Nozomi C18000 installationWhitebird is looking to offer faster turnaround and greater versatility…
New home for West Canadian EdmontonWest Canadian Digital Imaging Inc.’s Edmonton team has a new…
Labelexpo Americas 2018
September 25-27, 2018
PAC to the Future II, Retail Reinvented
September 26-27, 2018
Howard Iron Works Print Expo & Fair 2018
September 29, 2018
September 30-2, 2018
Ghent Workgroup Graphic Arts Workshop
October 9, 2018
October 18-20, 2018