September 23, 2020 By PrintAction Staff
Printing United Alliance has announced the 11 winners selected to receive a 2020 InterTech Technology Award. The technologies entered were considered based on their innovativeness and likelihood of having a significant impact on the printing industry. Those solutions ultimately chosen will be highlighted during the Printing United Digital Experience in October.
An independent panel of judges reviewed the technology submissions that were nominated for an award. More than half of the winning technologies were digital presses and associated systems, including the first-ever award for a textile press. Judges also recognized innovations in sheetfed offset press technology, web-to-print software and solutions designed to streamline packaging production.
The 11 technologies that earned a 2020 InterTech Technology Award are (in alphabetical order, by company):
- Customer’s Canvas – Aurigma
- EFI Reggiani BOLT – EFI
- Esko Trapper – Esko
- GMG ColorCard – GMG
- HP Indigo 100K Digital Press – HP Inc.
- H&B ExcelCoat ZRW Web Coater inline with HP PageWide Web Press T240 HD – HP Inc.
- KODAK PROSPER QD Packaging Inks and Film Optimizer Agent – Kodak
- Komori GLX40RP Double-Sided Press – Komori America Corporation
- Uteco Sapphire EVO M Press – Uteco and Kodak
- Xerox™ Baltoro™ HF Inkjet Press – Xerox Corporation
- Navigator DFE – Xitron, LLC
“Our goal each year is to spotlight technologies which shape the future,” said James Workman, vice president, Center for Technology and Research, Printing United Alliance. “Each summer, the panel of judges and I scrutinize each submitted technology to evaluate its degree of innovation and potential for impacting our industry. It is a challenging process to select the recipients since all of the technologies are impressive.”
For the complete list of all technologies entered for consideration, visit printing.org/intertech2020.
Print this page