Ryerson University seeks assistant professor with expertise in packaging/graphic communications
January 10, 2022 By PrintAction Staff
Located in downtown Toronto and on the territory of the Anishinaabeg, Haudenosaunee and the Wendat Peoples, the School of Graphic Communications Management in The Creative School at Ryerson University invites applications for a tenure track position at the rank of assistant professor, effective July 1, 2022, subject to final budgetary approval.
The successful candidate will engage in a combination of teaching, scholarly research and/or creative activity and service duties while maintaining an inclusive, equitable, and collegial work environment across all activities. Teaching duties will entail teaching at the undergraduate level, supervision of students and curriculum development with future opportunities for graduate level teaching. The successful candidate will further pursue a strong, innovative research program or creative activity that is externally funded and that produces impactful, high quality results and publications.
Candidates must hold a master’s degree related to packaging, graphic communications, or another subject area closely related to the field by the appointment date. A PhD is preferred. Industry experience at the senior management level is also valued at the School of Graphic Communications Management.
The successful candidate must present evidence of expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- packaging design, development and prototyping;
- premedia workflows and automation, for printing and/or packaging;
- package printing including flexo, gravure, offset and digital printing; or
- emerging technologies for graphic communication applications.
Additionally, the successful candidate is expected to present evidence of::
- a strong emerging scholarly research and/or creative activity that is current, innovative and impactful;
- a demonstrated potential for teaching excellence at all levels of the undergraduate curriculum;
- a commitment to our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion as it pertains to service, teaching, and scholarly research or creative activities, including a demonstrated ability to make learning accessible and inclusive for a diverse student population; and
- an ability and willingness to contribute to the life of the School of Graphic Communications Management and the University, through collegial service.
Our committee recognizes that scholars have varying career paths and that career interruptions can be part of an excellent academic record. Candidates are encouraged to provide any relevant information about their experience and/or career interruptions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application online via the Faculty Recruitment Portal (click on “Start Application Process” to begin) by January 21, 2022. The position will remain open until filled; applications received by January 21, 2022, will be guaranteed consideration.
The application must contain the following:
- a letter of application;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a statement of research interests;
- a teaching dossier and if applicable, results of teaching evaluations;
- names of three individuals who may be contacted for references; and
- a one-page statement on past, current and/or planned contributions to EDI such as, but not limited to: research/ teaching that incorporates a focus on underrepresented groups; inclusive pedagogies; public engagement activities that reach out to marginalized communities; mentoring students from underrepresented groups.
Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority, in accordance with Canadian immigration regulations. Candidates must therefore indicate in their application if they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.
Any confidential inquiries about the opportunity can be directed to Dr Abhay Sharma, chair, Department Hiring Committee, at email@example.com.
Print this page