Sun Chemical Increases Ink Prices in December
Citing the continued volatility of raw material pricing around the world, Sun Chemical will be increasing printing ink prices in Canada, effective December 1st.
The increases are as follows:
- 8 percent for heatset process inks,
- 12 percent for coldset black inks,
- 6 percent for coldset color inks,
- 5 percent for water-based inks,
- 8 percent for solvent-based inks,
- 6 percent for energy curable inks,
- 5 percent for sheetfed inks, and
- 8 percent for water-based coatings.
“Commodity, resin and pigment prices continue to rise and are dramatically higher than earlier this year. We see the supply of many critical raw materials continuing to be constrained due to operational, market, and weather related issues, and there doesn’t appear to be any relief anticipated in the near term,” said Rod Staveley, President, Sun Chemical Canada.
“We cannot absorb the drastic raw material price increases and global supply chain instability we continue to see. Despite these challenges, we will continue to deliver on-time, quality products to our customers through significant efforts of our supply chain and technical teams.”