W+D showcases haptic direct mail marketing at Print 18
September 5, 2018 By PrintAction Staff
Direct mail solutions provider W+D will premier several new technologies at Print 18, as well as show for the first time several new direct mail applications that feature haptic marketing, also known as the use of touch in marketing.
W+D explains recent research in the neuroscience of touch as a marketing tool has shown improvement in direct mail lift and branding and it has become a sought-after value-add in the direct mail production. Direct mail factors the company intends to highlight at Print 18:
• Photopolymer embossing examples to add haptic tactile feel to the envelope images
• Foiling of the envelope samples
• Inkjet printing over embossed finished envelopes.
• Intelligent haptic direct mail piece with 1:1 colour personalized messaging on the envelope as well as inside that also has a fully IMB trackable mailer and response piece.
• LED UV inline flexo coating/drying solutions for new and existing machines for metallics, textures, gloss, motion, glitter and a variety of value-add inline enhancements for the envelope.
W+D will run its new W+D Halm i-Jet, a four-plus-colour overprint envelope press that can print 32,000 #10 envelopes per hour at 1600 x 1375 dpi, which leverages Memjet’s production class inkjet print engine. W+D will run on envelopes and flat sheet corporate graphics as part of its live demonstrations and variable print capability on plain white wove paper stock.
W+D will also be running its new BB700 S2 performance class inserter live at the show with a read and print direct mail application on a USPS full automation rate approved shape-cut envelope. Each envelope and content will be tracked as well as 1:1 colour personalized messaging will be added both inside and out. The BB700 S2 read and print system, which also incorporates a Lake Image Discovery camera and print solution, is designed to ensure the correct variable information, graphics and addresses are printed on the correct matching envelopes with minimal interruptions and that the full direct mail package, including the return BRE is IMB trackable.
As well, the new W+D 410 Easy Enveloper envelope converting system will be highlighted with video and a variety of new haptic shape and embossed envelope samples that have been run on the W+D 410. The W+D 410 Easy Enveloper boasts size and window changeovers in under 30 minutes for direct mail envelopes like #6-3/4, #9, #10 and 6 x 9 ½-inch envelopes on coated or uncoated stock that runs at speeds of 500 envelopes per minute.
Print this page