X-Rite presents free colour theory course and webinar series
By PrintAction Staff
By PrintAction Staff
In an effort to support the growing number of remote workers that review and approve colour, X-Rite Incorporated and Pantone LLC are offering their Color Theory eLearning Course for free for a limited time. The on-demand training explains the basics of colour theory, colour tolerances and sharing digital colour standards. In addition, X-Rite is hosting colour management webinars to help attendees optimize their use of colour measurement hardware and software.
“Due to COVID-19, many workers are now trying to design, specify, communicate, and ultimately achieve accurate colour from remote locations or with less staff and fewer resources,” said Ondrej Kruk, president of X-Rite. “To do this, you need to understand colour theory, communication and measurement. By making our eLearning course available for no charge, professionals in the plastics, textiles, paints & coatings, and print and packaging industries can learn tips and best practices for colour management and keep production workflows moving forward during these challenging times.”
The interactive e-Learning Courses are taught by X-Rite Colour Management Experts. They include:
- Color Theory: Understanding the Numbers of Color – Free for a limited time, this six-module, on-demand training course explains the basics of colour theory and how to communicate both colour and colour differences. It covers the physics of colour, the role of lighting, spectrophotometers and colour data, how to view colour, and much more. This self-paced online course is available in 10 different languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese. In addition, attendees receive an X-Rite certificate upon completion for the course.
- Display Profiling – You need to start with accurate colour to produce accurate colour. This free eLearning course explains how to calibrate and profile your monitor so you can make accurate colour decisions.
The webinars, led by X-Rite Colour Management Experts, range in length from 10 to 60 minutes and highlight how manufacturers and remote workers can maximize colour management technology. Topics include:
- How to Scan Materials for 3D Rendering and Visualization – speed approval processes using X-Rite’s virtual material service to scan your materials for colour, texture, gloss and other surface appearance characteristics and turn them into an Appearance Exchange Format (AxF) file for use in 3D or rendering software.
- Dominant Texture Measurements – a demonstration on how quality control software used in conjunction with a multi-angle instrument can measure and digitally communicate colour, sparkle and coarseness.
- An Introduction to the ColorCert Suite – a four-part series where attendees learn how to simplifies colour communication between brands and print suppliers in order to manage precise colour and print specifications.
The complete list of webinars and registration information is available at https://www.xrite.com/learning-color-education/webinars.