Xeikon launches SX30000 digital press
October 7, 2020 By PrintAction Staff
Xeikon America has launched the new Xeikon SX30000 Digital Press, available immediately in Canada and the United States.
Featuring what it calls its “ground-breaking new Sirius technology,” the new electro-photographic, toner-based press “raises the bar for speed, versatility and image quality in its class. Every Sirius component has been designed to maximize print quality, performance, sustainability, application range and total cost of ownership.”
The new platform includes several core technology components, including:
- Xeikon Unwinder – new generation jumbo unwinder with full connectivity and workflow integration.
- New Sirius platform – fifth-generation dry toner, single-pass duplex platform designed for endurance, user friendliness, connectivity and serviceability.
- Sirius Print Media Conditioning (PMC) – new module delivers high speeds, allows for substrate versatility (silk or gloss coated, uncoated, offset papers thin and heavy grammages), provides uniform print quality throughout reel and offers fast start-up and reduced waste.
- Sirius Imaging technology – features Xeikon LED array water-cooled imaging printheads; 1,200 dpi 4 bps native resolution yielding 1,200 x 3,600 dpi and 21µm dot size; print station designed for maximum operating at 30m/min, delivering 404 ppm (A4), 426 ppm (U.S. letter) or 2,545 B2 sheets 4/4; single-pass duplex, full rotary, variable repeat length, no fixed frame or sheet size; 508 mm/20.3-inch imaging width makes it the fastest B2-format press; new generation developer unit.
- Sirius Toner – special charging characteristics for high-speed printing; enhanced fusing properties; no VOCs or imaging oils; fully recyclable and de-inkable prints; no substrate pre-treatment required; available in CMYK, white and spot colours.
- Sirius EkoFuse – no water or oil evaporation; efficient energy consumption; substrate versatility; high-speed, targeted and uniform fusing; ultra-quick start-up for waste reduction; patented cross-flow cooling drum for uniform cooling of substrates.
- Quality Measurement Module – closed-loop quality management system based on on-board spectrophotometers and registration cameras.
- Web Finishing Module – improves scratch and scuff resistance of the print and eliminates static charges.
- Xeikon rewinder – new generation jumbo rewinder with full connectivity and workflow integration.
Print this page
Stories continue below