Xeikon Performance Services aim to improve production management
By PrintAction Staff
By PrintAction Staff
Xeikon has announced Xeikon Performance Services (XPS), a new component as part of its aXelerate Services Program that facilitates the ongoing need for a production manager to manage print production with a focus on continuous improvement.
Once enabling tools have been installed by Xeikon personnel, data from presses and peripheral equipment are collected automatically, augmented by additional print room data collected by the operator from an touchscreen. Xeikon XPS employs well-established continuous improvement best practices from the manufacturing industry in the print production environment to help operations improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
Xeikon explains its aXelerate program is a key element of its customer service approach, is application-driven and designed to help customers develop new applications and grow their volumes on Xeikon presses.
“When we established the aXelerate Program, our goal was to assemble a set of tools and services that would make our customers more efficient and profitable, and ensure they are able to get more out of their digital investments,” said Filip Weymans, Vice President of Marketing for Xeikon. “The initial offering has been very positively received, but we also wanted to continue to develop the program to add even more value based on customer feedback. The latest addition, Xeikon Performance Services, brings manufacturing best practices to the rapidly evolving and often challenging print production environment and is a direct result of what customers told us they needed.”
Shown for the first time at Labelexpo Americas, Xeikon Performance Services offer a range of benefits for a print production operation, including:
• An on-site manufacturing audit.
• Intelligent monitoring of any Xeikon presses to capture operational trends.
• Monitoring operator tasks to identify opportunities for improving press uptime, reducing waste, etc.
• Improving productivity and reducing cost by collecting and analyzing real print-room data.
• Providing actionable information with root-cause analytics.
• Tracking Overall Equipment Effectiveness in real-time.
• Supporting Lean, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement methodologies.