Ingersoll Paper Box Installs Masterwork Inspection Machine
November 11, 2013 By PrintAction Staff
Ingersoll Paper Box has acquired a Masterwork MK420Q automatic sheet inspection machine for its 80,000-square-foot manufacturing site, which includes an additional 38,000 square feet of warehousing space, in Ingersoll, Ontario.
Founded in 1922 by by Robert Skinner, Ingersoll Paper Box (IPB) is a fourth-generation family-owned business. Today, the company focuses on folding-carton production and services like computer-aided design, die cutting, embossing, and folding/gluing.
“The Masterwork MK420Q automatic sheet inspection machine gives IPB a new level of competitiveness in today’s marketplace, offering our customers 100 percent inspection on their products,” stated Sarah Skinner, Managing Director of IPB. “The Masterwork MK420Q inspects and electronically compares every printed carton in a specific run to a client-approved PDF proof.
“The high-speed inspection cameras detect imperfections on all products whether it is printed, hot foiled or embossed,” continued Skinner, describing the company’s new Masterwork machinery. “The MK420Q is also fitted for detection of barcodes and security marks on the reverse side of the product.”
IPB plans to primarily use its new sheet inspection system on work for its pharmaceutical customers, because of this sector’s strict laws and regulations. The company points to how lot codes and expiration dates printed on labels, in addition to correct product use information on packages, inserts and outserts, in the pharmaceutical sector need to be fully inspected.
“This investment in the MK420Q is exciting on many fronts,” stated Jeff Brooks, IPB Operations Manager. “From the production team, to the quality department and sales representatives, we are all very pleased to be able to offer 100 percent inspection on each and every carton in an entire run and offer yet another layer of protection to our customers.”
Masterwork USA is headquartered Charlotte, North Carolina. The parent company in Tianjin, China, was established in 1995 and operates from a 90,000-square-metre factory employing over 500 people.
Print this page